Saturday, December 31, 2011

A short note on sucky English and closets.

Why oh why, am I writing about this right now?

Some days ago, I published a post with possibly the wrong choice of word in the title. I only realised it the day after. I decided to let it go.

Who was I kidding?

Here I am, 17 minutes away from being another year wrinklier, and all I can think of is - "I must change that title!"

It's tough being anal. Are you, by any chance, the same?

+

By the time you read this, the deed will have been done. Yay! I'm so happy! I think I might just push on and clean out more closets now. FaceBook, google reader and contact lists. Ready or not, here I come.

See you on the other side of midnight :) x



A last laugh for the year.
And pigs will fly.

I can already hear the sirens wailing.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Being anal is part of being human. That's why it helps to have dogs around them.

Elizabeth Keene said...

Well, I didn't notice the wrong sucky English word, but then again, I'd probably not know it if it slapped me, because I didn't pay much attention in English class. ADD, I think.

However, in the rare instances that I have alerted to the wrong use of a word in one of my posts, I've fretted about it for days on end after the fact. So, totally relating to your anal retentiveness. :)

Alcohol free zone? That's funny!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. If those roadsigns were true, I suspect the sound of (a few sober) crickets would've been all that was heard in Balmain.

Happy new year. :)

houndstooth said...

I didn't pay attention to the wrong word, or you'd changed it before I got to it today! lol If it makes you feel better, I have actually gotten out of bed and gone to the blog and fixed things when I realized there was something wrong with it.

My name is houndstooth, and I am a recovering perfectionist...

georgia little pea said...

haha. it's great being in the company of fellow analists! i wonder if that's why we blog. hmmm.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

I've been known to edit a blog post probably 25 times just to get things correct and I really fret if I discover a mistake that I didn't notice before publishing. Should I miss a typo in a comment I'm totally devastated. Now I'm frustrated because I didn't notice your boo boo, lol! It's good to know I'm not alone:)

georgia little pea said...

You might like to know I made a typo in my response to your comment in the latest post arrgh. BUT. I shall be brave and let it go. (where have I heard that before).

BTW, the word was "through" in the annual awards post! Through? THROUGH?! what was I thinking?

roughseas said...

brilliant - the signs I mean :)