Thursday, May 24, 2012

What can a blog do?

The deadline is just a day away to save our off-leash dog parks. I'm afraid I may have left this too late but I'm going to give it a go anyway.


I've never done anything like this before and I don't know if it'll work, but I hope you can help.


My plan is to send Leichhardt Council a link to the last post with as many messages of support as I can get. To add your voice, all you have to do is leave a comment.


+


If you have knowledge of how off-leash areas benefit dogs [and/or people], feel free to write or link the information.


If you have personal experience of how they've been useful or good for your dogs, even better.


If you live very far away, not in this peninsula or city, possibly not even in this country, it doesn't matter. You can still be a supporter of the idea of off-leash parks.


If you like, you can share this post on.


+


I will be closing the comments on this post. If you CLICK HERE, it will take you back to the last post where you can add your voice.


If you prefer not to write a personal comment, here's something you can copy and paste -


YES! I support off-leash parks for Georgia, Larry, Ted, Lloyd, Pearl, Darcy, Aggie, Tara, Sammy, Winston, Rocky, Hector and Hector Too, Millie, India, Annie, Trudeau, Paddington, Sparky, Dell, Milo, Atlas, Ranger and The Other Ranger, Ginger, Meg, Nelson, Cooper, Lily, Molly, Scotty, Leopold, Peppa, Karl, Father Jack, Luke, Lizzy, Delle, Kody, Pedro, Baxter, Mana, Tora, Benny, Walter, Pippa Longstocking, Pepper, Belle, Quinoa, Echo, Gracie, Shadow, Corby, Lulu, Banjo, Spike, Belle, Tia, Bruto, Hummer, Merlin, Vegas, Ada, Mozart, Benji, Tyson, Bobby, Callum, Alfie and all the dogs of Balmain and Birchgrove!


If you're new to blogs, here's how you comment -


1. At the bottom of the last post, you will find a link to COMMENTS. Click on it.
2. This will open up a box where you can write your own comment or copy and paste the above message of support.
3. If you have a blogger identity, please use it. If not, click on Name/URL. 
4. This will open up another box. Just so Council knows you're not a fictitious person I made up, please type in your full name. If you have privacy issues, do not use your home address or email address. However, including a city and state or country would be great. If you like, you can include the name of your dog[s].


EXAMPLE: Sarah A. Connor, Fido and Rover, Sydney, NSW. 




NOTE! This is not meant to take the place of a formal letter to The Council. It's just another way to  show support. I will forward the link to Council with a note from Georgia [The Dog] at 4pm tomorrow.


I hope this works! However you wish to participate, thank you for your support!


With love and respect always, The Typist x


I'm sorry I don't know the origin of this picture, but a friend shared it on FaceBook recently and I find it appropriate for this situation. Thanks Im! :) 





No comments: