Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Is it time for a walk yet? *coogee to bondi cliff walk*

My stay-at-home human's knee is getting much better, thank you.

She's started taking Rufus B Thumper out for short walks and it's quite funny to see them shuffling down the street. They are slower than old ladies with walking aids.

For now, I get to do special expeditions with my out-at-work human.

Last Sunday, we went on the Coogee to Bondi cliff walk.


Mr Thumper used to do this walk with Mr Piglet but it's too hard for him now so he stayed home and watched TV.












At Bronte, we headed down the rocks for a swim, right past the sign that said: 

"NO DOGS ALLOWED BEYOND THIS POINT." or something like that.



The sign must be wrong because there are always dogs there.
 
The surf was scary.


I'm not a good swimmer yet.
And I didn't see any lifesavers, so I decided it was best not to go into the water. I'm not stupid.

I wanted to play, but the other dogs there didn't.

I missed Tara. Maybe she and Father Jack and Poppy and Leo and Pepper and Ella and all my other friends will go there with me another Sunday.

Wouldn't that be fantabulous?

There was a swimming competition on at the Bondi Icebergs Pool.

It was a sunny beautiful day for that.

There were LOTS of sizzling sausages and onions. They smelt lovely but I didn't get any.

My out-at-work human made me pose for pictures everywhere.
I felt like a tourist.
When my stay-at-home human saw the pictures, she was not pleased. "What is this?" she said, "Where's my story? What a waste of a walk!"


I didn't think it was a waste of a walk at all.


In fact, I had a very nice Sunday morning.

Even if I didn't get a sausage.


***
Winter-Spring 2009/Summer 2010






TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS WALK!
http://www.waverley.nsw.gov.au/things_to_do/beaches_and_the_coast/bondi_to_bronte_coastwalk


http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/city-guides/sydney-walking-tour-3/

1 comment:

amy.s said...

she's so good at posing for photos!
i could never get my dog to look at the camera