Saturday, March 3, 2012

The hag in the bag gets tagged.

I was sitting on the potty
Going a little dotty
In the middle of #2
I was feeling somewhat blue.

Sad that I had missed
(Could be I was pissed)
The birthday of Dr Seuss
What a silly goose!
This pic from HERE.

When on my Google Reader
I spied this little bleeder
A tag for the hag! that would be me.
From a Ms Tonks! this would be she.

"Well, thank you NOT!" I thought, distraught
At her kind and sharing thought.

Phoo-ey! Kahoo-ey!
I cringed. I whinged.
I hissed. I pissed.
I boo-ed. I hoo-ed.

Then I picked myself up
as Seuss would have too
And skipped away
from the hulla-baloo.

To quote the great man, who may or may not have had a dimple
but who most certainly, MUST have had a pimple -

Sometimes, the questions are complicated but the answers are simple!

So here are my answers
If you find them a drag
Thank the dog and the dag
who yelled out, "YOU'RE TAGGED!"
And let the old hag
slip out of the bag!


To describe myself in 7 words
is not easy but I will try
"I am old but not yet incontinent."
No doubt that will change, by and by.

As for my dog -
"She is young and can be impertinent."
But I love her that way, I cannot lie.


You'd like to know what keeps me up at night?
3 things!
The blog, the dog,
the snoring man by my side.

My dog would say [as you might know] -
"Pyoderma! Burglar alarms!
Not to mention,
 the snoring man by my side."


As for who I would like to be.
Why,
who could I be but me?
And who could Georgia be but she?

What Dr Seuss says is true, you know -

This pic from HERE.birthday suess
Shout loud. "I am lucky to be what I am!
Thank goodness I'm not just a clam or a ham.
Or a dusty old jar of sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That's a great thing to be.


What am I wearing right now is next!
Let's just say it isn't my daks!
If I told you the truth
I'd have to rate this post X.

The dog wears what a dog often wears
A face that says,
"Okay,that's done! what's next?!"


What scares me you ask?
Well, for a start
Questions like these
Are not good for my heart.

What scares the dog?
No food, no food,
no food and no food.
She's really quite simple
A dog from the hood.

 
Oh me, oh my!
How did it get so late so soon?

I've answered 5 questions! with 5 more to go.
But I'm oh so tired! from my head to my toe.
I hope it's enough! it really was tough!
I had a good huff! now I've run out of puff!

To end, it seems, I have to name
The one who made me play this dreadful game.
"Thank you, Shiva! I know you're insane.
But please oh ple-e-e-a-a-se!
Let's not do this again!"


+


This pic from HERE.
dR Seuss!

[Yes, I know it's 1 day late
I don't think the man minds
He is quite dead.] 

p.s.  After some careful research into my bloglist to see who might NOT have been tagged yet, these were the 3 lucky names that cropped up 1st -

You're next!
  
You're off to great places, today is your day.
Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!

BWAHhahaHAHA!
p.p.s. If you're playing and want to know the PROPER RULES, please click on Ms Tonk's link up top :)

32 comments:

Kolchak Puggle said...

lOL, you had the Mama giggling through your entire post. So awesome.

georgia little pea said...

you're the first one who inspired me Kol! 1 day late but... :) x

June said...

I stand in awe of your talent!

Karen Friesecke said...

"I am old but not yet incontinent." That's probably the best thing that I have read all day!!! *nice* answer :D

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. That would have taken me forever to write and I'd have cut it short after one question answered... justifying it thus - 'a post is a post, no matter how small'.

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! This is the best tagged post I've read so far! I think you should do more posts in Suess style. It was pretty entertaining!

georgia little pea said...

Clever Fab! That's one of my favourite Seuss quotes ;)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

I'm so old I think Dr Seuss happened when I was out of childhood? But seeing as I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up I think there's time for me to read him:) I have to say you're a worthy successor, Georgia's Typist! He might be dead but he taught you well:) That's a bloody marvellous post!

georgia little pea said...

Thank you! You guys are all too kind :) x

Pup Fan said...

This is a fantastic and overly brilliant post - your answers to the tagging made me smile the most!

Pamela said...

Oh dear. I think this is a category killer. No one will want to follow your brilliance. I knew I should have hurried up to respond to K's tag.

Now what am I going to have to do? Write my tag answers in the form of the Illiad? And in ancient Greek?

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. I will absolutely never forgive you for that little bit of imagery in your first couple of lines. I guess it's good I don't know what you look like because if I passed you on the streets of Sydney, I could only imagine you sitting on the toilet. :)

georgia little pea said...

It was just a bit of fun for a lazy Saturday when my blighted knee made it impossible to go train. Also a chance to kill 2 birds with one stone lol. I'm glad people are enjoying it. I was unsure myself.

PupFan - your Seuss was pretty damn brill and my other inspiration for doing it!

Pamela - I pick ILIAD! What a great idea! Or the Mahabharata, whichever's easier for you. Re: the potty humour - there is a good reason why I remain anonymous! ;) x

Berts Blog said...

Grins and giggles, thats what this did for us tonight.

Cleaver you are, Seriously funny

Bert and My Vickie

Elizabeth Keene said...

I have read three kids through the entire Dr. Seuss book club collection (some books several hundred times each) and could not do this if my very life depended on it. You (and a few others I know with dog blogs) have an uncanny gift.

Oh, and as my husband remarks each time I elaborate on *my* bathroom adventures, "Thanks for sharing." ;)

P.S. I don't see the box to subscribe to your comments via email anymore. Is it in a new place?

georgia little pea said...

@Elizabeth - Phooey kahooey! Surely it's not my turn again to have yet another (comment) tech problem?

I did read on another blog last week that Blogger and Wordpress have become even less friendly and that non-Blogger blogs can do longer subscribe to read via Google Reader. Is that what you're talking about? I do hope this doesn't make it more complicated for readers to comment as I love hearing back :(

Sage said...

What a great post! You are clearly the next "Dr. Seuss".

Elizabeth Keene said...

No, I actually think I just figured out how to subscribe to all your comments via RSS, but there used to be a box on your comment form (right under the comment box) that allowed one to get new/follow-up comments via email. That's the thing I can't find anymore. I used to always check the box so I wouldn't miss when/if you said something back (like just now- but in this case, I just happened to check back and see it). It's not going to make it hard for people to comment or follow, but they might miss out on your clever replies.

georgia little pea said...

@Elizabeth, oh...? I shall have a look later. Thanks for the heads up! I doubt too many people come back to read the clever replies haha! Lovely thought though :) x

Bicontinental Dachshund said...

I love this! I'm sorry I've been awol lately. My mom is swamped. That's the excuse. But I miss being INVOLVED. I'm wagging for this post!
Tootsie

koko said...

This is a great post and your talent shines through and through, Georgia... thanks for the entertainment, I bet if there's a basker's hat for donation, it would be piled with $$$

Licks, hero

Jen said...

WOW! What a great post!!! hehehe, giggles this Monday morning for me and that is a very, very good thing. :)

Jen and the mostly black dog crew

Kristine said...

This is brilliant! I am sorry you did not wish to be tagged but I am so glad I tagged you anyway as this is the best answer to a blog meme I have ever read. You should win several awards for this!

georgia little pea said...

Dear Ms Tonks,

I had the best fun doing it, so perhaps I shouldn't have been so crabby lol. If it wasn't for your tag, I would have missed the Dr's birthday so THANK YOU! :)

Have a great week! Hugs to you and Shiva x

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

What a wonderful, joyous post! I could read Dr. Seuss all day...but now I don't have to:) Keep it up to keep us all young at heart.

Amy said...

Simply brilliant!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is the funnest thing ever! To think that I've been away from the internet for a while now (thanks to neck muscles in spasm)! Feels wonderful to return to this. :)

georgia little pea said...

Oh no, Swati! Not brought on by being on the comp too much, I hope. If so, take care and stay away! Hugs x

Unknown said...

Indeed brought on by laptop-overuse. Using it in moderation now, especially facebook. :(

Jean said...

Just catching up, and I'm honored (I think...) that you tagged me. But how could I ever top your Dr. Seuss?
I have another award somewhere or other I haven't responded to yet......and a bunch of piggy pictures that I know a certain blog reader is waiting for.....so it might be a while before I have a chance to respond to the tag. :)

georgia little pea said...

sounds like a good kitchen sink post coming up then :)

piggies before tag please! priorities! x

melf said...

I bow down to you and your witty and clever brain. Absolutely hilarious and amazing.

LOL! I'm still giggling. :)

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Wonder how or why I never saw THIS post!! If I had, I would surely have commented because you are seriously talented Typist!! I read it twice!
You do it like it's of little effort. WOW!! I clicked on this post 'cause it was in one of the little pictures at the bottom of the page where it says "you might like this" well, I sure DID.
PS: Don't be tooooo long on the moon.
xx