Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shots in the dark, a body in the park and the usual suspects.

My Cushion has been sick and The Typist has been taking me for my morning walks. I prefer walking with My Cushion but beggars can't be choosers.

This morning, we started off in the dark because The People In Charge Of These Things haven't turned the clock back yet.

I don't know whether they realise how creepy it is for us dogs to walk in the dark.

"Oh my god, Typist! Is that one of The Dog-Hunting C.a.t.s Of Balmain?"
"Could we please walk a little faster, please?"
Luckily, we managed to get safely to Mort Bay Park.
 I was very relieved.
My Typist took more shots in the dark. I hope you can see them okay. Even if they aren't very clear, [she says] they are quite a.t.m.o.s.p.h.e.r.i.c.
Baxter and Pearl were already at the little beach. They are such earlybirds.
You can see Pearl's butt here.

Baxter checked the water out for us.
 
Baxter has an extra-long leash. Can you see it?

There was too much rubbish in the water for a swim [though Pearl's human was very good and tried to clean it up for us].
Since no one wanted to get into the scummy water, we walked on some more.
 I jumped up this wall!
I gave My Typist such a fright, her hand shook while she was taking this picture.

Finally we got to The Bouncy Bridge!
This is one of my favourite places in Mort Bay Park. When the ferry goes by, the whole thing creaks and bounces! Some dogs are scared of it but I'm not.
I don't know why so many pictures in this post are blurry. My Typist insists this one's bad because the ferry was going by, and not because of her lack of skills.

I'd better not say anything since she'll be taking care of me while My Cushion is sick.  

Another reason I like The Bouncy Bridge is because fishermen leave yummy dried squid there.
Humans can be so generous.

Here's a video of me on The Bouncy Bridge. It's a bit long  [just over 3 minutes] because My Typist still hasn't figured out how to edit a movie on her new computer. [This is sure to make My Cushion cross when he reads this.]

Please watch it if you want to see me looking thoughtful or if you'd like to hear My Typist squeal.


After that, we went across the road to Ballast Point Park. If you've seen the video, you'll know where that is in relation to The Bouncy Bridge.

It was nice and quiet there.
Suddenly!
A PoliceHuman stopped us!

"You can't go any further. You'll have to turn around." she said. "There's an investigation going on up top."
An investigation?

Being a sticky beak, My Typist had to ask what it was about. The PoliceHuman told her someone had found a body in the park.

I'm sorry I don't know what that means, but I think it may be A Very Bad Thing and something worse than a possum.

So we turned around and started walking back.

I thought my walk was over when! out of the corner of my eye! I spotted breakfast approaching!
There was not a moment to waste! I quickly went into my hunting mode. I knew I had to remain inconspicious so as not to scare the prey away. Luckily, there was a wall and some long grass handy.
Everything was going so well when suddenly!
3 littledogs came running up. They scared the prey away.
Then they jumped on me!
What is the world coming to? Don't littledogs understand anything at all about heirarchy and the food chain? I was very cross.

Larry may have escaped my jaws of death today but he'd better watch out.
Call me paranoid, but I think littledogs gang up on bigdogs like me all the time and, may I say, that is not nice.

The usual suspects - Darcy and Aggie.
"I got my eye on you, littledogs."
And Mozart.

Our activities must have aroused the suspicions of The PoliceHuman. She followed us out of the park.  
And put another barrier up, right near the entrance.

No one wanted to leave the scene of the crime.
So we had a big yak on the road right outside the park, and everyone got to eat treats.
When we got home, My Typist couldn't wait to tell My Cushion what a great and interesting walk I'd had! I think she gloated a little.

My Cushion was very jealous.

*




26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, we only heard it on the news this morning. There was also a drowning about a week ago down at East Balmain and a poor lost dog running around with muzzel and blue jacket on. All very sad. Love all the pictures by the way. Love Tara

georgia little pea said...

A drowning too? Did the lost dog get found? So much drama for one little peninsula :(

The cop didn't want to say if there was foul play involved. I guess they didn't know this morning.

Take care Tara, Sammy and Fran! It's a dangerous world out there x

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Wow, who needs the ABC online news when we have Georgia little pea, reporting straight from the scene! :)
Loved the pics, and don't let those "little dogs" put it over you Ms.Pea.
Love Rose and "the team"

georgia little pea said...

Was it on the news, Rose? It should be by now. I'll have to check.

My 10-day break from the computer and blogging has left me happy and slow-witted! Visiting friends now. See you soon :) x

Pamela said...

Georgia, you are so videogenic. The local news station should hire you to report on all the local action.

Sorry to hear you have a sad occurrence in your park. But it shows how important dog walkers (and runners) are. They're usually the first ones to discover the bodies. Sad, but true.

Pamela said...

Oops, almost forgot. Glad your typist enjoyed her time off.

At least now she's given us a video so we can get our Georgia fix even when she's taking a little break. :)

H and Flo said...

Oooo. Big scary city. :(

georgia little pea said...

Thank you for saying I'm videogenic, Ms Pamela!

My Typist is thrilled you said that because, just a few days ago, the nursery lady asked if I was an old dog. If it wasn't for the fact that she had some cheap plants, I think My Typist would have walked off in a huff.

houndstooth said...

I love an exciting walk! I was quite disappointed last Sunday when Mom wouldn't let me take the deer leg I found on our hike home with me. I don't know why humans are always trying to stop us from having such fun!

Bunny

georgia little pea said...

Are you kidding, Bunny? A whole deer leg? How wasteful! And then, they go to the supermarket and complain about how much our meat costs. DUH.

Jean said...

GLP, I'm sorry your Cushion is not well; I hope he is feeling better soon.
What an exciting walk you had - police humans, bodies, attacks by the Little Dog Gang (we have branches of them here, too).

And if your typist learns how to edit video, perhaps she can teach me. I've never been able to figure it out either.

Peggy Frezon said...

Considering the dead bodies and all, I'd be terrified to walk there in the dark! But what a lovely place once it gets light out. I love a good bouncy bridge. The video was cute with her ears blowing around in the wind!

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

Eegad, what an eventful walk! Stay safe, and maybe you should go for walkies surrounded by little dogs to scare away anyone mean.

verobirdie said...

What an adventure you had! Georgia, you are a great reporter, really!

Jan said...

Wow, on the spot news reporting from one of our favorite blogs. Nothing like this happens on our walks. We don't even get dried squid or even wet squid. Color us envious.

Misty and my minions

What Remains Now said...

All I can think is, "Oh my goodness! That's a lot of excitement for a morning walk!" You'll have to report back what brought the police to the park.

georgia little pea said...

Dear everyone -

A LittleDog Gang of bodyguards - that's such a great idea! If they teamed up with the DogHunting C.a.t.s, they'd be the best protection money can buy :)

We are generally a quiet, (more or less) friendly and safe neighbourhood. They send tourists here to get lost in our narrow windy streets, shop, have coffee, beer and macaroons. So we must be alright! Usually, the worst thing we have here are loud and vomity drunks!

The latest news on the body! - you can read it here, if you like -

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/young-man-found-dead-in-birchgrove-park-20120322-1vlfe.html

Looks like foul play.

Kristine said...

Brave Georgis. I know some humans who wouldn't feel comfortable on that bridge. You should be very proud of yourself!

I love the video and think you should definitely share more in the future.

Best wishes to your cushion! I hope he feels better soon.

Karen Friesecke said...

Damn! That was quite the eventful walk this morning!! Sorry that your breakfast plans were cancelled :( You'll get that bird next time!

Sage said...

Wow! That's a walk to remember, GLP. See what your Cushion gets for being sick? (Hope he's getting better!) I'm surprised you didn't get pulled into the investigation after Your Typist was taking "shots in the dark". :)

Kari in Alaska said...

Night walks are so much fun but wow thats scary :(

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Anonymous said...

Goodness, what an adventurous day. Hmmm, walking in the dark, I don't know about that either.

Pup Fan said...

Wow... that sounds very stressful.

I hope the Cushion is feeling better.

yuki and rocket said...

ooh, walking in the dark and a found body?? i think you're very brave dog!

yuki and rocket

chandra said...

I love that you included video! GLP, you looked especially beautiful around the 1 minute 46 second mark and I don't think I realized before the length of your whiskers! Very cool.

I'm very glad that you two did not discover the body in the park. I read the article and it certainly does seem like foul play. I want to say that you should steer clear of that park in the early morning but you certainly did seem to have several friends around at that time.

Just be careful not to get desensitized to violence, GLP. I'm a bit worried about you wanting to eat Larry for breakfast. Is he an Airedale?

I love bouncy bridges but my little dog Mason isn't so sure about them. I took him out on a metal dock recently and he got nervous so I picked him up and he started swimming in my arms - I think the motion made him think he was in the water and so his little legs started paddling! He also does that when I pick him up in elevators, which anyone nearby finds pretty darn cute.

-c at ddy.

georgia little pea said...

Hey Ms C! Larry's an Irish terrier. He has a very cute firm bum. My Typist likes looking at it, she's such a perv.

That's very funny what Mason does. We're laughing just reading about it. Maybe you could do a video of it for us one day! :) x