Saturday, January 12, 2013

Small stone, Saturday 12th January.

After a few sips, I left my coffee on the counter to have a shower. Dark arabica, no sugar, one third full cream milk, sitting in my favourite green and white striped fat teacup. When I came back, it was cold, a little flocculated, and there was a fly floating in the middle of the milky mess. A young one. Fragile looking. Quite dead. "Oh shit," I said. "There's a fly in my coffee." Then I stuck my finger in, index, right hand, fished it out, flicked it and finished my coffee.


Summer critters, 1/3.




To find out more about Small Stones and the 30 day mindful writing challenge, CLICK HERE. 






11 comments:

GizmoGeodog said...

I caught a mood, the fly didn't bother me and I learned something by having to google flocculated...most satisfactory

georgia little pea said...

Haha! Obviously Amazons do not scare easily.

Cowspotdog said...

Now if you had been scottish - you would of grabbed it by the wings and shook it while yelling - spit it out - spit it out :) :) :)

Jan said...

A touch of exotic flavoring must add to the moment.

What Remains Now said...

I can't fault you here. Long ago, I walked in the living room where I had my cup of coffee sitting on the end table...my regular routine. Twinkie (the kitty) was on the chair arm, dipping her paw in my coffee and then licking it off. Lord only knows how much cat litter I drank over the years.

georgia little pea said...

You guys crack me up! You should all write some small stones :) Scottish! Bwah haha! Twinkie. OMG.

Barb said...

Flocculate? I had to look that one up - now I can't wait to use it again. The fly wouldn't bother me but can't abide lukewarm or cold coffee. Good one!

Jean said...

Okay, I've flicked a teeny tiny fruit fly out of wine and drank (drunk?) it, but I really don't think I could flip a regular fly out of coffee and down the stuff. Yech!
But your story was worth it just to read Cowspotdogs' comment! LOL!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

STONE the flamin' crows, it wasn't LOUIE was it?! huh?!

georgia little pea said...

Nah ROSE. Too young. Maybe Junior?

Now I'm going to be humming Louie the fly, Louie the fly till I go to bed. Thanks.

Sage said...

Sounds like a bit of 'a fly in the ointment'! At least it didn't drink too much...