Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm on my way to becoming a Third Class dog.

Every Monday, I wake up feeling a bit plump.

NOT rō tund′.

Just a little more well fed than usual.

That's because, every Sunday, I go to school and we eat a lot at my school. Yesterday, I had a small tub of kibble, schmackos, liver treats and beef steak.

I need good nutrition like that because there are a lot of exams at my school.

I had to sit for my exam to get into Second Class yesterday.

It's true I may have been a little nervous.
At the school, my out-at-work human found out he had to sit for the exam too.
Luckily, we both passed, and off we went to look for the Second Class!

Class started with an assembly.


I tried my best to pay attention but my stay-at-home human was very distracting.

 
It got much better after I learnt to ignore her.
During recess, there was a graduation ceremony. One of the teachers put a pink bag in the centre of the circle.










 Mine was the first name they called up.
My out-at-work human tried to find something nice for me. I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that.
There were many dogs and humans watching. They clapped too, which was very nice of them.
I thought I would get something I could eat. Maybe a lamb bone.

I got a piece of paper, and a squeaky toy that looked like a milk bottle but was called Puppy.

Puppy became dusty and soggy very quickly, but I like it. I think it's dead now because I haven't heard a squeak out of it since we left the park.

I don't know what I'm going to do with the paper so I will give that to my humans to show my appreciation.
After me, Poppy graduated to Third Class, so she is still smarter than me.

Sammy graduated too, and will be in Second Class next week. 
Tara didn't come. She must be too clever for school.

This is Humphrey. He's the teacher's pet and helps her train us.

He's the smartest dog I've met. He knows the difference between whisper and shout, and how to add 1+1.

He also knows how to pose for the camera.
My humans are in awe of Humphrey.

I am not so easily fooled. I'm sure Humphrey doesn't know what 5+7 is.

After they got home and looked at the pictures, my humans realised that Humphrey had come to check me out when I was doing my exam to get into Second Class.
At least they think it's Humphrey.


When classes ended, Sammy and I had a bit of a play.


Sammy was very happy she graduated. "See, mum? I told you I could do it!"

Sammy's human was very happy too.
 
 Delle came over to congratulate us.
Since Mr Thumper wasn't there, my stay-at-home human asked my out-at-work human to get me a puppacino for my graduation present.
I got into the queue with him but after 30 seconds, he decided it would take too long and gave up.

I am filled with regret that I will never know what a puppacino is.

The Best Present Of The Day was from my out-at-work human.
I love him a lot even if he has no patience in a queue.

The next best present was being told by Humphrey's human, my teacher, that I am ready for Third Class.

My stay-at-home human is a.p.p.r.e.h.e.n.s.i.v.e. But my out-at-work human is grinning from ear to ear and keeps calling me a star.


***
My stay-at-home human decided to make me a puppacino for lunch today. She doesn't really know what she's doing.

Homemade Puppacino

Liver treat slivers
Low-fat vanilla yogurt
A small amount of milk
Lots of chicken stock

Combine and shake well.

I can't wait to try it but I'm feeling a little a.p.p.r.e.h.e.n.s.i.v.e. I hope it doesn't make me sick.

3 comments:

STeve said...

edited from a very long email -

Sounds like you guys had a huge weekend also. Good on you all. And a big congrats to Georgia, I've always thought that both of your dogs were first class. Looks like there were lots of interesting owners & dogs at canine college.

Anonymous said...

via email -

I hope Rufus is ok. It is really fab news that he is getting better. Must be all the tlc you are giving him. Let's hope the up cycle keeps going UP.

Lots of love and see you soon, Allegra xxx

georgia little pea said...

from a text my stay-at-home human sent, while out walking mr thumper yesterday -

he just saw a cat at end of road, 5 doors away. chased it. nothing wrong with his eyesight. chased a ball i threw for zarny at park. nothing wrong with his legs either. we're being scammed.