Monday, May 24, 2010

Saying goodbye.

A Lady who lived a few doors away from us, died exactly a week ago today.


My stay-at-home human tells me this is like what happened to Mr Piglet and we will not see her again.


She's sad to think of it because she liked this Lady. And she's upset because she waited too long to say goodbye and in the end, never got the chance.


The Lady was sick for a long time so I didn't see her on the street much.

When she saw me, she would call, "Georgia, Georgia."

"And how is she doing?" she would ask my humans, looking sternly at me because she knew the story of how I came to live here after Mr Piglet died, and how naughty I could be. 


"Oh, she's coming along, " they would tell her, not really a lie.


The Lady had a little white dog called John. She used to walk him ever so slowly down the street. When she stopped to chat, he would stand there patiently waiting. He never grumbled like I do.


John is older than Mr Thumper. He's even older than Mr Thumper and me put together. The Lady found him many years ago in a pet shop and knew she just had to have him, she told my stay-at-home human.


These days, John is almost blind and deaf and sleeps a lot. Sometimes, the Lady would laugh at how old and slow he was getting, though not unkindly. I've heard my humans talk about Mr Thumper the same way, like they're preparing for something, though I'm not sure what.


I saw John a few days ago, walking down the street. His Lady is gone but, thankfully, he still has 2 other humans to love, not to mention, a young and gorgeous cat called Tiffany for company. It would be too sad otherwise.


So there you are. Someone on our street went away last week and won't be coming back.


We all wish her a most excellent journey.



In memory of Jenny who lived on our street.



1 comment:

Chapeuzinho said...

Sad.

WE should met up next Monday. I'm not saying this because I think you might die, just that it would be good to see you. Plus I wanna check out your sewing machine.
10ish?